St. John’s the Baptist Church; Bhingar Camp was first established in 1833. The present Parish Church was built in 1851.Ten years later the residence was set up in the same campus by the Jesuits. In the early years of parish the Capuchins were in charge then there were diocesan priests. The Jesuits followed and had the care of the parish for 130 years. Till 1996 when the Bishop of Pune entrusted the pastoral care of St. John’s Parish to Salesians of Don Bosco.
In 1995 St. John’s was bifurcated into another two new parishes namely: St. Anne’s and Don Bosco Savedi. Thus St. John became the smallest of the three parishes. From 1995 till 2002 St. John’s and St. Anne’s had an independent existence. At the end of 2002 a new centre was inaugurated at Kedgaon for the growing activities of BGVK which was in the Bhingar campus. But since June 2003 the confreres of the two presences have been joined together as a single community with a Rector who resides at St. Anne’s.